Monday, February 21, 2011

23 Things Activity (Making Blogs and Technorati) Part 1

This posting is actually two "Things" combined, setting up a blog and exploring Technorati. Well, here goes...just learning about making blogs. This is the first I've made a blog, but as I'm finding out, it's much like keeping a journal. I've used iGoogle for a while, and have subscribed to lots of blogs. I find them interesting. As I'm finding out, and through the readings in class, the importance of blogs and beneficial they can be. I would imagine it would be easier maintaining a blog than a website. With Blogger and other blogging sites, the templates are already there and all you need to do is sign up. I already had a Gmail account, so I went with Blogger. I've seen a number of blogs, and thought they must require a great deal of time, but it turned out to be  so easy and fun to set up. Explored Technorati tonight and it was interesting how tags work. I've seen tags on blogs, but never really paid much attention to them. They can actually be very helpful in finding postings on different topics. Technorati was a revelation! It's like a giant database or index of thousands of blogs. The aspect of the site that I liked best  how the indexing is set up. I like iGoogle, and you can use subject tabs, and subscribe to your favorite blogs. iGoogle can be a bit clunky, and I also find Google Reader a bit overwhelming. I find Technorati a bit better laid out and blogs/articles are reasonably well organized. Has anyone else checked it out? What did you think? http://technorati.com/

2 comments:

  1. I found it interesting. But I need more time to look at it. I've never seen it before. Thank you for sharing it! :-)
    scarlett aka sher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Scarlett--you're blog looks great!

    ReplyDelete